Monday, September 10, 2012

Hi friends!

I am still alive!  I know I have not posted in f-o-r-e-v-e-r... but that's because it's been a little busy.  Here's what we have been up to the first two weeks of school.

We started the year with All About Me activities to get to know each other.  We shared Me Bags, but I didn't get any pics of them - oops!  You can get the directions for FREE here on my website.

We also completed our first family project which was to decorate a hexagon for a class honeycomb that shows that we all "bee" long together.  Here are some of them.  They will stay up all year to remind us of our classroom community.  You can print the directions, sign, and honeycombs here for FREE on my website.


We also created a few familiar looking projects compliments of Deanna Jump and Kim Adsit.


Here are some All About Me books we made.


This was a little extra fun project that we did for my news bulletin board outside of my classroom.  We turned our pictures into little bees!


Totally not necessary, but super cute and fun!

We also celebrated our good behavior with a shaving cream party.  We earned this reward last Friday when we earned 50 Pride Passes as a class.  Pride Passes are little tickets that students earn throughout the school.  It's a part of our PBIS system.

Look, one of my cuties drew Pete!


Here are a few more pics.  You may notice our Pete the Cat hats.  Pete tied in great this week because our letters of study were C, A, and T.



We also started building our reading stamina in Daily 5 and have been graphing our progress.  We have made it to 7 minutes.




You can print out the graph here for FREE on my website.

We also learned about the people at school by going on my Kissing Hand Tour.  The cuties LOVED it!


We're off the find Chester...


 The first stop was the library to visit Mrs. Robledo.

You can get it here on my TPT store for only $2.

Here is a pic of us building the letter A from my Building the Alphabet set on TPT.


We also go to meet Penelope after learning how to take care of our stuffed hedgehog first.


This is actually an old photo.  The pic I snapped of us with Penelope had a student in it that does not have permission to be on my blog.  I am sure you can visualize our enjoyment of her.

There has been a lot more going on, but there is a small glimpse of our two weeks together.  I must say, too, that this class is AMAZING!  I have tickled pink to be with this group everyday and we still have the rest of the year together!




8 comments:

  1. I love the family hexagon project for the class honeycomb!! It will be a great addition to my BEE themed room.

    Toni
    Hedrich’s Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot access the freebies- both times I get oops! I'd love to use the hexagon project for our open house. Can you send me a link or pdf that works please and thanks? Teresa twilliams5078@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope is adorable!

    We had a Kissing Hand scavenger hunt too. You'll have to stop by and see the cute Chester snacks we made. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stuff looks like so much fun! Love that hexagon project!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back friend!! Looks like you had an awesome week, and I TOTALLY understand... my blog has been a little lonely lately too :)
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi :) I am your newest follower! You have so many wonderful ideas - thanks for sharing!

    Liz at http://kindergarten-blossoms.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a Daily 5 board that you use with your students once everything is up and going for the students to choose? I am going to be trying Daily 5 in my kindergarten room this year and wondering? I have seen lots of bulletin boards with the Daily 5 choices up? Do you happen to have any pictures of your classroom or give me some more details?

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...